It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity
Open Access Week
Open Access Week is an event launched by the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC) of academic and research libraries union and the student community.
Open Access Week is a global event give an opportunity for the academic and research community to continue to learn about the potential benefits of Open Access, to share what they’ve learned with colleagues, and to help inspire wider participation in helping to make Open Access a new norm in scholarship and research.
This year’s theme "It Matters How We Open Knowledge: Building Structural Equity" intentionally aligns with the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science released in the last year. The draft, submitted to 193 member countries, indicates the innovative potential of open science, the importance of narrowing the gaps in the digital environment, information technology, gender, and knowledge, and the necessity of changing the culture surrounding science from competition to cooperation.
The Open Access initiative, which enables the sharing of research results and knowledge, is expected to be a breakthrough in solving various issues that stand in the way of realizing a sustainable society.
Even in our daily surroundings, there are various issues, such as journal price increases, the impact of COVID-19 on access to research materials, and the sharing of research data.
Let's start by touching Open Access with us?
Kyushu University Institutional Repository (QIR)
Kyushu University Institutional Repository (QIR), launced at April 14th, 2006, now contains over 47,000 contents.
In 2020, we released such contents!
(1) Unique contents have been released by faculty members, students, graduate students, international students, retired faculty members, alumni, and others.
(2) In particular, books, doctoral dissertations, and journal articles are often searched for and read.
(3) Many research institutes and faculties of Kyushu University are using QIR as a platform for electronic publication of their bulletins.
QIR is a platform for publishing research outputs that can be used by anyone belonging to Kyushu University!!
What's Open Access?
If you want to know about Open Access and QIR, please click that icon!
- Article Processing Charge (APC) discount information
- What is "predatory journal" ?
- Publication of Doctorate Dissertations
Digital Repository Section, Electronic Resources Management Division, University Library
E-mail：qir＠jimu.kyushu-u.ac.jp / TEL：092-802-2459