Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research. You can use combination of the desktop version compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux, and web version available online. It is also compatible with iOS (iPad, iPhone).
【Getting started with Mendeley】
To install and get started with Mendeley, visit mendeley.com and create an account. You can use the same login credentials for the desktop and web version.
When you need some guides, visit https://www.mendeley.com/guides. You can check help guides and watch video tutorials.
【About Institutional Edition】
Mendeley Institutional Edition upgrades personal library storage space, number of private groups and private group size in addition to the functions available in the free edition.
|functions||free edition||Institutional Edition|
|personal library storage space||2 GB||100 GB|
|private group size||25||100|
|number of private groups||5||1000|
【How to use Mendeley Institutional Edition】
When you log in to Mendeley from the IP address in Kyushu University, it will automatically become the institutional edition. The institutional edition will be 12 months from the last login from IP address in Kyushu University.
【How to downgrade the Institutional Edition to the free edition】
Please contact us at the e-mail address below.
For Kyushu University Microsoft 365 Users
- Send your request from the webform. -> The request form for Mendeley Cite Add-in
- (It takes about 5 minutes for your application to be approved. Please wait for a while.)
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click "Sign in" button (at the right upper hand of the screen) and enter your Kyushu University Primary Mail address.
- Log in to Microsoft 365 with your SSO-KID and password.
- Click "Insert" on the menu bar, then click "Get Add-ins".
- Click "ADMIN MANAGED".
- Select "Mendeley Cite" and click "Add".
- "Mendeley Cite" button appear on the menu bar.
If you are not using Kyushu University Microsoft 365 (e.g. using pre-installed version or holding your own subscription), you can get the add-in on the following web site.