Kyushu University developed "Kyushu University Guidance" and restricts activities on campus.
Reference : Kyushu University Guidance for Preventing the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Visitors for academic purposes can enter the library for a short time to browse and borrow materials.
The service is subject to change depending on the future spread of the COVID-19.
In addition, during examination periods and other times, we may ask you to refrain from entering the library in order to give priority to the learning, education, and research of affiliated members.
Browsing and borrowing materials from off-campus
We provide our library materials to visitors for academic purposes by the following methods:
- For those who are affiliated with other academic institutions, we lend books or send photocopies via the institutions.
- For the general public, we lend books or send photocopies via public libraries.
- For our rare collections and bulletins, we digitize and make them open to the public online as possible as we can.
For 1. and 2., shipping and photocopying fees will be charged. For details, see here
Available services on campus
Visitors for academic purposes can enter the library for a short time and use the following services.
Browsing, borrowing, and copying of materials
- Before coming to the library, please use the Library Catalog (Kyushu University Collection) to identify the material you need.
- If you are unable to identify the material, please contact us in advance using the inquiry form.
- If your purpose is only returning, please use a book post (located outside).
- or browsing the closed stacks of rare books, semi-rare books, doctoral dissertations, etc., please contact the library staff in charge by e-mail in advance.
- If you have symptoms such as fever, coughing, sneezing, and fatigue, reconsider your visiting.
- Please wear a mask during your stay.
- Make sure that sanitizing hands when you enter, and washing and sanitizing hands after you use equipment.
- Visiting as a group and conversation in the library is not allowed.
- Please use the library in the shortest possible time.
- Not available for self-study.
Central Library email@example.com
Science & Technology Library firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Library email@example.com
Design Library firstname.lastname@example.org
Chikushi Library email@example.com