The former collection of "Prefectural Fukuoka Hospital," the mother institution of "Kyoto Imperial University Fukuoka Medical School," the predecessor of "Kyushu Imperial University School of Medicine". The "Prefectural Fukuoka Hospital" opened in April 1888, with Harutoyo Omori serving as the hospital director and chief of surgery, and Gentan Kumagai serving as the deputy director and chief of internal medicine. The book is a medical specialty book published between 1887 and 1900, with the names of the holding classes and equipment numbers such as "Surgery," "Obstetrics and Gynecology," "Pharmacy," and "Internal Medicine" marked on the pages. The spine of the book, bound in a dark green cover, is marked in gold leaf with the title of the book and the name of the holding institution, "Fukuoka Prefectural Hospital". The books currently registered in the library are unorganized materials found in the third-floor preservation stacks, but the rare old medical book collection also includes books formerly owned by "Prefectural Fukuoka Hospital". The total number of books in the collection is nearly 100.
Former owner's library seal: "Prefectural Fukuoka Hospital"